Tuesday, June 8, 2010

galileo

Galileo died in 1642. 95 years after he died, people decided to get some souvenirs. So, they took a tooth, a thumb, a finger, another finger and a vertebra from his body.

Because, you know, he's dead...what does he care, right?

And lucky for us, these wonderful things will be on display in the Florence Galileo Museum! Hot diggity!

First off, what compelled these guys to steal this stuff in the first place? Were they thinking of selling it on eBay? I think there are rules against that, so that wouldn't work. And somebody just told me that eBay wasn't around in the 1700s, but they might be lying. I'm pretty sure eBay has been around forever.

Secondly, aren't they afraid that Zombie Galileo is going to be a little upset? I could deal with a missing tooth. And maybe a vertebra. But missing a thumb and two fingers? How is he going to play guitar? I mean, the dude is super famous for inventing the telecaster. Without his ingenious ideas, who knows what kind of guitars we'd be playing today.

I think he also noticed some moons around Jupiter, but that's not really important.

He also played the lute. Like Sting. I think they went on tour together a few years ago. I heard it was a good show but that Galileo was the real star. (yeah...that's supposed to be funny)

I'm off to play with my lute.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: