Monday, March 29, 2010

friendly shopping

I figured it out! Organic cereal!

I may have mentioned in the past that people will talk to me in public places. I'm pretty sure they don't know me because they don't mention my name or anything. They just start talking about stuff. I finally figured it out. It happens in supermarkets. More specifically, when I'm looking at cereal in the organic section.

I don't know why. It happened again this weekend. I was looking at cereal and a lady came up to me to ask me about which ones I liked. Then the conversation goes to other foods. Then it ends.

I guess I can't really be mad at people for talking to me. I just don't understand why it happens. I mean, they ask me about which cereals are good and I tell them I look for the ones with the highest organic sugar content.

I'm not looking for healthy or anything. I just support clean, sustainable farming...of sugar. I don't want to ruin the earth because if we do, we might not be able to grow more sugar. And without sugar, well...that's just something I don't want to think about.

OH! Have you seen those organic gummy bears! OH! EM! GEE! They are amazing!

So if you are going to start talking to me in the store, let's cut to the chase. We can talk about candy, but leave tea out of it (pun intended).

I'm off to get an organic sugar high.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: