Thursday, March 18, 2010

24: cake

I forgot to tell you about something from my Vegas vacation. They have a cake that is 24 layers. You might think this is an awesome idea, but hold on.

It is a big chocolate cake cut into 12 slices. Then, a thin layer of chocolate filling is put between them (making 11 layers). THEN the ganache frosting is added to the top.

I want to know why there are so many layers to this cake! Couldn't they just make 2 cakes and put a lot of chocolate filling between them and have the frosting on top? Why does it have to be 24 layers? That sort of behavior makes my cake take longer to get to my table and, in turn, get into my tum-tum later. I don't like waiting for cake. Neither does my tum-tum.

If you want to try it, Neiman Marcus will let you order it. It's $100. OR, you could get a Hostess cupcake with chocolate filling and get the same thing. Canadians HAVE to get the Hostess cupcake because Neiman Marcus won't ship cake to Canada.

It has to do with the Canadian Cake Embargo Act of 1939 when Canadians started getting better candy bars than the States. President Truman had a hissy fit and made sure that the Canadians didn't get any cake from the U.S.

Yeah. Roosevelt didn't get it either. I think it had to do with time travel which was invented in 1945 by a man from the future. It's all very space-timey.

Do you know what makes me feel better after a time-paradox history lesson? Cake. Fast and easy cake.

I'm off to ganache.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: