Tuesday, December 9, 2008

valid excuse?

This is brilliant. Some folks have organized a "Day without a Gay" tomorrow. This is not a joke, even though it was thought up by a comedian. A gay comedian. He wants people to "call out gay" for work tomorrow to show the world the importance of the gay and lesbian community. It's true. Look it up. It's been all over the news.

It all started with some prop 8 thing WAY out in California. Now I don't care if you agree or disagree with prop 8 and all it entails, but finding another reason to call out of work is ok with me. I'm just wondering if you are allowed to call into work gay even if you're not. It's almost like faking sick, except you are faking gay.

How can somebody prove whether you were actually gay for one day or not? When you lie about being sick, you always use the "stomach issue" because you can't prove that.

"Yeah, I had this stomach thing going on yesterday, so I didn't come in."

OR!

"Yeah, I had this gay thing going on yesterday, so I didn't come in."

Totally works!

There are some people who might not like this, though. There may be a straight male or female who is actually feeling ill and will call out of work tomorrow. Then everybody at the office will think they are gay. I suppose some people would be upset about that. If your husband or wife gets a strange call tomorrow, then you'll know why.

"Debbie...your husband isn't at work today."

"Yeah, he's feeling sick."

"Are you sure he's not feeling gay?"

"No, but if he is, he's also sick because he puked on the carpet this morning."

"Oh."

I'm off to practice my fake cough...or my fake gay.

Enjoy!

-DJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should've known you'd be pushing for this to become a national holiday.
-b