Monday, December 1, 2008

purple potato

Did you do that thanksgiving thing? I did. We had purple mashed potatoes. They were pretty good. I must tell you, if you are looking spice up the colors of your dinner plate, get some purple potatoes and mash them up. My sister found them at the purple potato farmer's market. I believe they have purple farmers as well.

I actually thought she added food coloring to the white potatoes, but I guess they actually grow that way. Maybe the farmers put purple food coloring into the dirt. That would probably work.

We also got to eat some wild turkey and pie. Both were good.

I also found out that a random family will never know how tall I am. A new family lives in the house I grew up in. There used to be a piece of wood in the garage that we would regularly check out height. As a kid you always want to see if you're taller because we have this strange idea that growing up is good. You would think that adults would do a better job of warning us.

I found out that the piece of wood now resides at my sister's house. So, we measured ourselves! Me, my brother and my sister. I found out that I'm the tallest. Trust me, being the tallest hasn't gotten me very far. You remember my new rules for basketball, right? Yeah...tall does not equal good basketball.

That was my thanksgiving. I'm tall and purple.

I'm off to hunt for wild pie.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: