Monday, December 22, 2008

one nation under wii

I found this pretty interesting. The headline was "The Nintendo Wii Is More Popular Than God."

Wow. That's pretty bold! I don't think they mean throughout history, but in 2008, Wii beat God in internet searches by 76%.

I guess that makes sense because you already know where to find God, right? I mean, depending on your beliefs, God is everywhere, so it's, like, easy to find him/her/it. I would imagine God hated playing hide and seek.

"9, 10. Ready or not! Here I come! (open eyes) I found God! God's it!"

It's tough to hide when you're everywhere. The Wii, on the other hand, is not that easy to find. So obviously, you would probably have to search for the Wii.

And I'm sure God doesn't care about popularity contests. God's above all that. I bed if God was reading the paper and saw that headline, he/she/it would probably not care.

"Hmmm...Alfred, did you see that the Wii is more popular than I am?"

"I did not see that, God." (I'm pretty sure God has a butler named Alfred...just like Batman. I think God also wears a cape.)

"I bet the Wii can't even make a peninsula...let alone an entire universe."

"I don't believe the Wii can do that, God.”

"You're darn tootin it can't...I still want one for Christmas, though."

"I'll look for it on the internet."

"Thank you Alfred...and maybe you could get me a triceratops for Hanukkah."

HA! I knew I wasn't the only person who wanted one of those!

Did you know that the part of land connecting a peninsula to the mainland is an isthmus? That is such a cool word. I will ride my triceratops over the isthmus onto the peninsula.

I'm off to isthmus.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: