Tuesday, December 2, 2008

no money

It's official! We're in a recession! So...let's have a recession party! Isn't that what people do? You could have a parade and call it a "Recession Procession!" Clever, no?

It's gotten so bad that the CEO of Ford will make his salary $1 a year if he gets money from the government. I can't imagine only getting $1 every year. I think the CEO of Ford has a lot of money saved up, so he'll probably be fine, but what happens when all of us are asked that? After taxes, that's like 64 cents!

"Guess what I bought with my salary this year!"

"What?!"

"A Snickers bar!"

"Hot Dog! Did you get the King Size!"

"no..."

"oh...sorry...wanna bite of my King Size 3 Musketeers?"

"nah...you earned it."

These are rough times. I do hope for the best. I certainly don't want to lose my job and I'm guessing you don't either. Unless you do...well, good luck! If your company has an opening after you leave, let me know. I may need it soon!

If you're looking for some clever ways to save money, you should probably ask somebody else. I'm not exactly a financial advisor. Unless, of course, you would like me to tell you to buy me comic books. That's the best advice I can give!

Oh, and if you want to buy me a sweater vest, I wouldn't say no. I like argyle. I could use some argyle socks too. I'm nothing if not a snappy dresser!

I'm off to buy my one candy bar.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: