Wednesday, December 3, 2008

norad

The North American Aerospace Defense Command is tracking Santa. They have been doing this for years. Why? I have no idea.

For those of you who don't know, NORAD tracks stuff in the sky over North America. They also look at the sky over Canada, but they don't see much there. They see lots of planes. They keep looking to make sure there aren't any missiles flying overhead that shouldn't be there. It's like a helmet for North America...and Canada.

I'm not one to criticize government agencies, but shouldn't they just keep looking for missiles instead of Santa? I mean, I'm pretty sure he's not a threat. I don't know for sure, but he's been pretty consistent with NOT shooting missiles at anybody, so I think we're safe.

I would imagine that NORAD would have to spend more time stopping Matthew Broderick from starting a thermonuclear war. It's true! I saw a documentary on it. It was called War Games.

I guess I can't do much about it. They already have a website up at noradsanta.org and when somebody makes a website, that means it's permanent.

You can go check it out if you want to track Santa. If you want to do something like, say, save the world, talk to Matthew Broderick and find out how you can track missiles.

I'm off to play with WOPR.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: