Monday, March 21, 2011

tis the season to be vernal

I always heard of this equinox as the VERNAL equinox. The other things were the summer solstice, winter solstice and autumnal equinox. So I was GOING to ask why we call this Spring and not Vern!

BUT! I found out that summer and winter are NOT the official seasonal names! They are estival and hibernal! I know! I had never heard that before, either!

I gotta admit, I DO love the word "estival." It makes me think of a festival. But less effy.

If I ever got a pet hedgehog, I would name him Estival.

"Estival! ATTACK!"

That's what I would yell a lot. Estival would be an attack hedgehog. Kind of like Sonic the Hedgehog. But meaner. And faster. And he could shoot molten lava from his hands. And fly.

That's why you don't mess with Estival.

Vernal tried to mess with Estival once. Vernal doesn't do that anymore. Vernal also doesn't walk in a straight line anymore.

Happy first day of Vern!

I'm off to celebrate the season.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: