Tuesday, December 14, 2010

you would say that it glowed

I'm a little confused about this "Rudolph" character.  If he's so "famous," how come we can't "recall" him? 

See, for many years, nobody remembered this guy.  As they say in the song, "But do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all?" 

If he really WAS the most famous of them all, why couldn't we remember him?  Should we really need to "recall" him?  That's like asking, "Do you recall where your rib cage is?" 

The rib cage is pretty famous.  And we all know about it.  No need to ask.  Nor recall.

And this "nose" that he has.  It doesn't ACTUALLY glow.  But every time I see him on TV, it's like a flashlight.  But technically, it's just shiny.  So, in order for his nose to give off good light, light has to hit it first.  I don't understand much, but I do understand basic specular reflection.

So this "famous" reindeer isn't so famous at all, but we're told to believe he is.  And you would SAY that his nose glows, but it's only shiny.  Which, really, couldn't guide a sleigh unless it was sunny out.  And when it's sunny, do you really need a shiny guide? 

Is there a conspiracy in the air?  Maybe.  Or maybe this "Rudolph," or whatever his real name is, just has a really good marketing team.

Either way, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I'm off to shine my nose.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: