Tuesday, December 21, 2010

return to sender by looking on the back flap

Not to sound like a 90's comedian, but what's up with the return address on the back of the envelope flap?  I've noticed it becoming more popular over the last few years. 

It might be old news to you.  Maybe people have been doing it for years, but I'm not used to it yet.  I look at the envelope and I get all excited to get mail and I can't see who it's from. 

THEN!  After 20 minutes of looking at the front of the envelope and seeing my name.  And a stamp.  And my name.  And a stamp.  And then my name again.  Then the stamp again.  Aaaaaaaand...yep...that's my name.  What about...nope...that's the stamp again.

(flip letter)

There it is!  On the back!  NOW I can open the letter because it is from somebody I trust.  Or not trust, but at least know well enough.  Well enough in the sense that my mail won't have an angry fish or something in it. 

There needs to be a "mail-looking-at" training course for people like me.  I'm skilled in many things.  Being a ninja.  Being a pirate.  Being a ninja pirate.  Being a pirate ninja.  But looking at envelopes is NOT one of my strong points. 

I also didn't know that you COULD put it on the back.  Do they care where the stamp and return address are on the envelope?  If not, can I just stick it in random spots?  Maybe put a few of them on there?  Is that okay?

SEE?!  I don't know the rules! 

Sometimes life is just too complicated.  Next time I'll just send a telegram.  Perhaps a singing one.  That will be much easier. 

I'm off to lick my stamps.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: