Tuesday, January 24, 2012

solar storms are coming again

SO PANIC!

Or don't. You don't really have to. It might only disturb the Earth's magnetic field for a little while. If you get home from work and all your magnets from your fridge fell off, you now know why.

I hope you don't magnet anything valuable on your fridge like family heirlooms or babies. Or, if you do, maybe put them on display somewhere else for a day or two. Just to be safe. Until the solar storms stop.

Or, if you have mutant powers of magnetism, like Magneto, you might not be able to do much. I wouldn't try to throw any trains around or anything. It might end up falling on you. And that's REALLY uncomfortable.

This coronal mass ejection is actually coming at us pretty fast. 4 MILLION miles an hour.

I once got my car to go that fast. But only once. It cost too much to keep replacing the tires.

Does it rain sunshine during solar storms? I bet that would be pretty! Little golden drops of sun would land on your head and make a golden rainbow!

Oh...wait...the sun is really hot. It's, like, hotter than steamed milk. And steamed milk is pretty hot. And something hotter than THAT might actually burn you.

Hmmm...maybe this solar storm isn't really that fun. Maybe I should run and panic and hide in a metal shelter.

Nah. I wanna see sunshine rain from the sky!

I'm off to catch some sun drops on my tongue.

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments: