Tuesday, April 12, 2011

we're gonna put you in a can and surround you with rockets to see what happens

It's the 50th anniversary of the first man in space! Yuri Gagarin decided to throw caution to the wind and take the trip. Actually, he probably took caution, stepped on it, set it on fire, hit it with a hammer, ran a tank over it, and then threw it to the wind.

They put this guy in a small metal craft and shot him into space. And he was all for it! Who does that?! He didn't even have control over the ship! The guys on Earth did!

So what if that stopped working? He just had to "hope" that he wouldn't hit anything. Like Mars. Or Australia. Or Green Lantern.

Nobody even had any reason to go to space. They just hadn't been there before, so why not?

I've never been in a paper clip factory, but I'm not gonna just go there because nobody else has. With giant rockets attached to me. That might blow up.

Yuri went into space for 98 minutes. And thanks to his crazy boldness, we have GPS and Astronaut Ice Cream. Two of my 17 favorite things.

Everything tastes better when it is freeze-dried. And when I can find it.

I'm off to cryodesiccate.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: