Friday, April 8, 2011

shut down until further notice

Can a government just shut down? Like, really? I know it's happened in the past, but it still seems wrong. How does a government give itself the option to shut down?! Who's idea was that?!

Probably Roger Sherman. He signed any paper that came his way. Which is weird because he hated paper money.

Sherman. Pfft.

So, thanks to Sherman (possibly historically inaccurate), we have a government that can just shut down. The place that governs MILLIONS OF PEOPLE: closed.

Is that a good idea? I mean, if I got a day off for some silly disagreement, I would totally NOT come back!

I'd lock my door and say, "See ya later, legislative losers! I'm going to the beach! I'll sign a bill of relaxation and sand castles!"

Then I would make a sand castle with cannons and a princess and a mighty steed. And a prince would come from the ocean and marry the princess and they would rule over the land of Sandurbia. With their mighty steed. PLUS, their government would never shut down. Because they know that the sand people need them to work so their national parks don't close.

And so they can get their tax refunds. Which may not happen for me since I left it to the last minute. And I don't know how to do it online.

That's really why I love Sandurbia's government. And sand castles. And mighty steeds.

I'm off to run a small, sandy country.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: