Wednesday, July 15, 2009

fist bu...oh...I mean pound it

It's strange to hang out with people who are younger and hipper than I am. I learn a lot. Like what the new phrases are for things to keep them cool since the action is still cool but the name for it has lost its cool.

Let me explain:

I'm directing a musical (which I will plug because it's for a good cause) at South Hadley High School. The show is Working. It's awesome. It's happening there July 23, 24 and 25 at 7pm. The money raised goes to the school's theater program. So come and help them out!

So, a lot of the people in the show are younger. At least, younger to me. College age. Around 20. They informed me that the "fist bump" is no longer the proper term for...uh...well…the actual motion of fist bumping. Now it's called "pounding". So, if I want to commend someone on a job well done, I have to say, "Pound it!" Followed by a fist bump. Or a pound, I guess?

Yeah. I never had to yell the words fist bump, I just did it. Saying to somebody "pound it" reminds me of the high five.

"That was totally rad! High Five!"

So, is pound it cooler? Probably.

Oh, and I learned it's not cool to say "pound me" when you are ready for a fist bump. I don't know why. That sounds just as stup...I mean cool.

I can't keep up with kids these days. I'm just going to start hugging people and say "huggabaloo!"

That'll make me cool.

I'm off to pound it.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: