Monday, December 5, 2011

don't sun, don't sun so, don't sun so close to me

Have you ever noticed how bright the sun is in the winter?! It, like, burns my eyes!

Usually I can look at the sun for a few minutes before anything starts hurting. But in the winter? It only takes a few seconds before that pain the back of my skull becomes unbearable! Like, super burnicious.

BUT! A very large man with gold teeth once told me that pain builds character and puts hair on my chest. I'm not sure what it means to build character, but I hope I have that. Because I do not have much of the hair. Maybe more pain will help.

It turns out that the sun is so close to the earth in the winter that you cannot look at it. It's about 5,000,000 km closer! THAT IS SO CLOSE!

That's almost as close as the moon! I'm surprised we all don't bump into each other. But we're lucky we don't. That might hurt.

Oh...these guys who call themselves "lawyers" are yelling at me. They're saying something about not looking at the sun. I guess it's dangerous and kids shouldn't try it. There's this nasty side-effect of not being able to see anymore.

I don't know what "lawyers" know about sunology, but I guess they have to study it to get their lawyer degrees. Maybe it has to do with passing the bar. I don't know what that is exactly, but I DO know it has nothing to do with a relay race. That was a hard lesson to learn.

I'm off to wear my sunglasses at day. (it's nice to come full circle with the 80's music references)

Enjoy Everything.

-dj

No comments: