Monday, July 26, 2010

crab queen

Ocean City, NJ is holding their 37th Annual Miss Crustacean Beauty Pageant for hermit crabs.

This implies that they have done it 36 times already.

1. After 36 years, how have I not heard about this yet?

B. What is going on in Ocean City that they decided to have a beauty pageant for crabs!?

It's based purely on good looks. No questions or bathing suits or anything. The prettiest crab wins. They win a crown and a cucumber trophy.

Hermit crabs look like they'd be good knights. They already have a suit of armor on. They have pointy legs. It would be pretty cool to have them fight stuff like evil demons or jellyfish. The crabs of the round table with King Crab Arthur.

OOOOH! And one could have a wizard hat! Merlyn the Hermit Crab! Or maybe he would be Hermyn the Hermyt Crab.

I'm not very good with English to Old English to Hermit Crab translation. I didn't even know there was an English to Old English to Hermit Crab conversion until I made it up just now.

Do you have a pretty hermit crab? Well you better get to Ocean City! The contest starts soon! But if you miss it this year, it seems pretty likely that they'll do it again next year. I mean, if nobody stopped it yet...after 36 years...it's prolly gonna happen again.

I'm off to decorate my crab.

Enjoy Everything.

-DJ

No comments: