Wednesday, November 12, 2008

sandman

I'm not one to do a lot of research before I make definitive statements, so if you think I am absolutely wrong, you might actually be right. That being said, why are there so many "Non-Drowsy" formulas for medicine?

I was at the store the other day looking for some stuffy-head medicine and noticed that nothing will put me to sleep. Well, except the "nighttime sniffling, sneezing, coughing, running, jumping, fluffing, glooping, hacking so you can rest medicine." Since there was no fluffing or glooping going on, it seemed kind of excessive to get all that stuff.

Why does most of the sinus and coughing medicine want me to stay awake? Why do people want to be awake? Work? That's a lame reason. Work is for sleeping.

Why don't they make more stuff with a drowsy formula? I mean, I'm sleeping for a third of the day, so they should make a third of the products with an "Extra-drowsy" formula. Also, it might help you fall asleep at work, and seriously, isn't it the best when you fall asleep at work? It is.

That's all. I just wanted to start a drowsy revolution. Which is probably a bad idea because the revolution won't get out of bed (HA! good one).

I also noticed that they don't actually put a lot of medicine out there. You have to bring a card up to the cashier who will then give you the medicine. I remember when I had to deal with that because I used to work at CVS years ago. I loved that job. It was a lot of fun and they let me have a nametag that said Spider-Man. That was cool.

Anyway, we used to leave out cards for a baby formula. I can't remember why, but I think it had to do with drugs. People would steal it to use the ingredients for something unsavory.

Wait...It just hit me that we were selling a baby formula that people would use to make drugs! What the heck were they putting in that baby formula?!

I honestly don't remember if that was the reason we hid the baby formula in the back, but it was a little strange. I do remember baby formula chugging parties in the stockroom, though. I'm pretty sure there were no side effects.

I'm off to get drowsy...zzzzzz...

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: