Monday, November 24, 2008

reunions

Whew...it's been a crazy few days around here, but things are finally settling down so I should be able to get back into the world of blogging for the three of you waiting for it.

I haven't really mentioned it, but I've been getting emails for the past few months about a high school reunion. I guess it is happening this Friday. They think people will be home for Thanksgiving and will want to hang out with their old high school friends on Friday. As you can probably tell, I'm not all that interested in going.

Like many of us, there isn't a whole lot worth remembering about high school. Want to know how big of a dork I was? I used to write for the school newspaper. I did a comic book review. Yep. Want to guess how many people read it? If you said zero, you'd probably be right!

I wrote things like, "Did you read Spider-Man #44?!?! It was awesome! I loved the art! I loved the story! I love Spider-Man!" and "I don't know what is going in Batman, but at least the art is good."

It made about as much sense as a giraffe on a Pogo Ball.

Don't worry, not many people care if I actually show up. Trust me. The class photo, which I had successfully blocked from my memory, was part of the evite. I'm cut out of it. No joke. You can see half of me. I'm on the end of the first row and I'm chopped off. Even the person taking the picture knew to cut me out of my own class photo! That was probably a smart move by the photographer.

Ahhhh...high school memories. How I wish I could call them high school forget-ories.

Did you go to a high school reunion? Was it horrible? I imagine that it would be.

If I'm in the mood for some mental distress, maybe I'll head down there on Friday. I'll go...but only if I see a giraffe on a Pogo Ball.

I'm off to see if they still make Pogo Balls. I loved that toy. Hopefully giraffes don't.

Enjoy!

-DJ

No comments: