Wednesday, October 15, 2008

potty time, excellent

I never thought I would talk about this in my blog. I try to stay away from toilet humor just in case kids are reading, but I guess that doesn't matter because it seems to be encouraged! Yes! It's true!

I saw a commercial while watching my Saturday morning cartoons. It was for a doll called "Little Mommy Gotta Go Doll." Can you guess what it does? YES, for the low price of $59.99, it goes to the bathroom! She says adorable phrases like, "I gotta go," or "pee pee in the potty," and, my favorite, "little poo!"

I guess they are marketing this towards little girls because that is who was playing with it in the commercial. At least the doll will also wash her hands after using the potty. Then, you can have her brush her teeth. Of course, according to the description, you will need an adult with wire cutters to get the baby out of the packaging. I guess the baby was locked up for bad behavior. The last time I needed wire cutters, there was a government issue barbed wire fence in my way.

I guess it's fun for a lot of little girls to have dolls and pretend they are the "mommy." There might even be some little boys out there who do the same thing. BUT, do these kids really want the responsibility of potty-training the little buggers? Really? From what I hear, getting a baby to use the toilet is not terribly easy. It's not like putting batteries in a fake toilet. No. There are usually "mistakes" and "messes" that need to be cleaned up. This doll it totally unrealistic.

Also, do kids really shout out "Little Poo!" after going to the bathroom? And if they can, why can't I? I bet if I used the bathroom at work and shouted "Little Poo!" when I walked out I would be fired. If a little baby did that, it would be considered cute. Talk about a double standard. I'm proud of my accomplishments...I have so few these days.

So, that's all. I felt this would be too gross to talk about, but remember, it's not my fault. I didn't make a toy that talks about bladder control. I can't talk about this anymore.

I'm off to find my wire cutters.

Enjoy!

-DJ

1 comment:

A Chicken Wish... said...

I'm fairly certain I hear "Mommy, I have a poopy. Need to go potty." every night at least once. And almost every time it's not true.

Potty training sucks.
Meg